Who is Lauren German?
Lauren Christine German was born on November 29, 1978) is an American actress. She had her first major role in the 2002 romantic drama film A Walk to Remember (is a 2002 American coming-of-age romantic drama film directed by Adam Shankman and written by Karen Janszen, based on Nicholas Sparks‘ 1999 novel A Walk to Remember. The film stars Shane West, Mandy Moore, Peter Coyote and Daryl Hannah, and was produced by Denise Di Novi and Hunt Lowry for Warner Bros. Pictures), followed by roles in the horror films The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003) and Hostel: Part II (2007). From the year 2011 to 2012, German had a main role as DHS agent Lori Weston in the second season of the CBS police drama Hawaii Five-0, and from the year 2012 to 2014, she starred as Leslie Shay in the NBC drama Chicago Fire (is an American action-drama television series created by Michael Brandt and Derek Haas with Dick Wolf as executive producer. It is the first installment of Dick Wolf’s Chicago franchise. The series premiered on NBC on October 10, 2012. The show follows the firefighters and paramedics working at Firehouse 51 of the Chicago Fire Department, home of Truck 81, Squad 3, and Ambulance 61, as they risk their lives to save and protect the citizens of Chicago). In 2016, she began starring as Detective Chloe Decker in the FOX fantasy comedy-drama Lucifer.
Lauren German was born in Huntington Beach, California. German attended the prominent Actor’s Studio and attended USC. Lauren also trained as a dancer at the Orange County High School of the Arts (a.k.a. OCHSA).
She made her film debut in Down to You (2000). She starred, opposite Shane West and Mandy Moore, in the 2001 sleeper hit, A Walk to Remember (2002).
Personal Life of Lauren German:
German was born in Huntington Beach, California and her father is a vascular surgeon. Her paternal grandfather, James German, was Dutch; born in Amsterdam, Netherlands, in 1909, James immigrated to the United States with his family while she was as a child. The remainder of her ancestry is English. She attended Los Alamitos High School and Orange County High School of the Arts. She later enrolled at the University of Southern California, studying anthropology.
For continuing her education, the actress began at Los Alamitos High School before she later moved to Orange County High School of the Arts. After she left high school, Lauren moved on to the University of Southern California, where she surprisingly studied anthropology. Not acting.
However, to make her art better and make some skill at pro level, she went on to attend the Actor’s Studio after she graduated from the university. More so, when she was in Orange County High School, German also trained as a dancer.
Before long, the California native began on stage before moving to the big screen. Her first role on stage was in “Peter Pan” and “Oliver”. It was in 2000 that she had her movie debut in Down to You, although it was only a small role that she played but became famous on that also.
Lauren German has also played a TV role before Down to You, in Undressed which aired in 1999.
Next, she took part in 7th Heaven in 2001 which was quite successful, and the beginning of her breakthrough. One of her biggest roles was in 2003 when she took a part in the remake of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre.
Many people can associate her with playing the part of a lesbian and taking part in horror movies such as Hostel: Part II.
Through the years, German has appeared in more than 30 movies and TV shows. For all these, she has a People’s Choice Award nomination for Favorite TV Character We Miss Most in 2015, for her role in Chicago Fire.
Her most recent activity was in Fox TV show, Lucifer which has been on since 2016. The actress is playing the main role as Detective Chloe Decker with Tom Ellis who is playing the role of Lucifer Morningstar.
In a snapshot of Lauren German:
- 1982- Studied dancing in high school.
- 2000- Her first movie released Down To You
- 2000- Her first TV appearance on Undressed
- 2002- Got her first major role in Romantic drama film A Walk to Remember
- 2005- Started her one of career turning Series as main role in Sex, Love & Secrets
Her Married life, Boyfriend, Lesbian and Husband
For people who have taken roles that have to do with gay and lesbian sexual orientations, it is very hard for people to stop associating them as such. Hence, many people are of the belief that Lauren German is a lesbian because of some of her movies.
However, what the actress has to say to that is this: “I’ve played a few lesbians and I have gay and lesbian friends and I don’t think it’s really any different. It’s almost like asking a straight character ‘how do you play straight?’ You’re just attracted to what you’re attracted to. It’s really just playing whatever’s going on in the scene.”
That said, she neither has a husband nor has she ever been married. But she has been reported to be in some relationships with the most popular being with 39-year-old American Actor, Ashton Holmes. The two dated from 2009 to August 2010 when they both parted ways.
She has been very close to a few other men like actors, and she has not been afraid to show her love to them, but Holmes is the only person who was reported to have dated her.
Lauren German Career
German’s very first work was on stage in Peter Pan and Oliver. In the year 2000, she made her feature film debut in the romantic comedy Down to You (is a 2000 American romantic comedy film about losing a first love. It was directed by Kris Isacsson. The film stars Freddie Prinze, Jr., Julia Stiles, Selma Blair, Shawn Hatosy, Ashton Kutcher, Rosario Dawson, Lucie Arnaz, Henry Winkler, and Zak Orth), where she had a very short role as a lovestruck woman.
In 2002, German co-starred in the very romantic drama A Walk to Remember with Shane West and Mandy Moore, based on Nicholas Sparks‘ 1999 novel of the same name. She played Belinda, whom Landon Carter (West) breaks up with. Then she appeared in the crime horror film Dead Above Ground, the drama A Midsummer Night’s Rave and the TV movie The Lone Ranger, in which she had both smaller and bigger roles. In 2003, she auditioned to star in the horror film The Texas Chainsaw Massacre, a remake of the 1974 film but the role went to Jessica Biel, and German won the role of The Hitchhiker.
Lauren German co-starred in the crime drama Born Killers (2005), the thriller Rx (2005), the romantic comedy Standing Still (2005), the drama It Is Fine! Everything Is Fine. (2007), and the musical drama What We Do Is Secret with Shane West again, based on a true story, the latter as original Germs drummer and subsequent The Go-Go’s singer Belinda Carlisle. She also starred in the crazy horror film Hostel: Part II, produced by Quentin Tarantino. She also starred in the French apocalypse thriller The Divide. She also starred in the second season of the CBS police drama Hawaii Five-0 as DHS agent Lori Weston from 2011 to 2012. She starred in the first two seasons of the NBC drama Chicago Fire as Leslie Shay, one of the paramedics from 2012 to 2014. In her final season with the show, her character is killed. The character’s name is memorialized to this day, her name imprinted on the door of the ambulance in which she rode.
In 2016, German began appearing with Tom Ellis in the fantasy comedy-drama Lucifer, loosely based on the DC comic book series of the same name, as Chloe Decker, an LAPD homicide detective who finds herself both repulsed and fascinated by Lucifer Morningstar (Ellis).
Film Appearances of Lauren German:
- 2000 – Down to You as Lovestruck Woman
- 2002 – A walk to Remember as Belinda
- 2002 – Dead Above Ground as Darcy Peters
- 2002 – A Midsummer Night’s Rave as Elena
- 2003 – The Texas Chainsaw Massacre as Suicidal Girl
- 2005 – Rx as Melissa
- 2005 – Born Killers as Gerstle
- 2005 – Standing Still as Jennifer
- 2007 – It is Fine! Everything is Fine as Ruth
- 2007 – Spin as Cassie
- 2007 – Love And Mary as Mary
- 2007 – Hostel: part 2 as Beth
- 2007 – What We do is Secret as Belinda
- 2008 – Mating Date as Abby
- 2009 – Made for Each Other as Catherine
- 2009 – Dark Country
- 2011 – The Divide
Her TV Appearances:
- 2000 – Undressed as Kimmy for the TV Series
- 2001 – Shotgun Love Dolls as Beth for the TV Movie
- 2001 – 7th Heaven as Marie for the Episode: “Apologize”
- 2002 – Going to California as Tiffany for the Episode: “A Little Hard in the Big Easy”
- 2003 – The Lone Ranger as Emily Landry for the TV Movie
- 2005 – Sex, Love & Secrets as Rose for the Main Role
- 2006 – Surrender, Dorothy as Maddy for the TV Movie
- 2010 – Happy Town as Henley Boone / Chloe for the Main Role
- 2011 – Human Target as Angie Anderson for the Episode: “Kill Bob”
- 2011 – Memphis Beat as Kaylee Slater for the Episodes: “Identity Crisis”, “The Feud”
- 2011 – 2012 – Hawaii Five- 0 as DHS agent Lauren “Lori” Weston for the Main role
- 2012 – 2014 – Chicago Fire as Leslie Shay for the Main Role
- 2014 – Chicago P.D. as Leslie Shay for the 2 episodes
- 2016 – Present – Lucifer as Det.Chloe Decker for the Main Role
Trivia of Lauren German
- Did all her own stunts in Hostel: Part II (2007).
- Originally tried out for “Erin” in The Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2003), before landing the role of “The Hitchhiker”.
- Starred in two movies, What We Do Is Secret (2007) and A Walk to Remember (2002), with Shane West, both in which her character’s name is “Belinda”.
- Of Dutch descent.
- Filming Love and Mary (2007). [May 2007]
Some of personal quotes from Lauren German
- I’m very klutzy. I’ve fallen off horses, I’ve tripped with my high-heeled boots over a stunt guy.
- I always get cast as the girl who’s dying or the girl whose killing or the girl who’s suicidal – all these heavy roles. But I like playing with them.
- I’d love to do comedy.