Who is Lori Loughlin?
Lori Anne Loughlin (born July 28, 1964) is an American actress, model & producer. She is best known for her role as Rebecca Donaldson-Katsopolis on the ABC sitcom Full House, where she got twin sons, appearing in the series from 1988 to 1995 and its sequel as a recurring character on Fuller House. She has also had cast roles in The CW series 90210 (2008–2011, 2012) and When Calls the Heart (2014–present). Loughlin was a co-creator, producer and actor through the two seasons of The WB series Summerland (Summerland is an American drama television series created by Stephen Tolkin and Lori Loughlin. It is centered on a clothing designer in her 30s, Ava Gregory (Loughlin), raising her niece and nephews after their parents just died in a very dramatic accident. They live with three of Ava’s friends in the same apartment who also was helping to raise the kids in the fictional city of Playa Linda, California).
Lori Loughlin, who was born in Queens, New York, USA. She was a junior lifeguard before coming to serious acting profession. Lori started her career at the very age of 12 as a print model. Since her early teen years she was appearing in television commercials and was frequently seen in national print advertisements also. At the age of 15, Loughlin casted in the ABC soap opera, The Edge of Night (1956), playing the part as of Jody Travis, an aspiring dancer and she appeared in the series from June 1980 to 1983.
There are some confusions on different reference sources list her birthplace as either Queens, New York City, or Hauppauge, New York, on Long Island, but she explained to clarify as, “I grew up in Hauppauge but I was born in Queens,” moving with her family when “I was a year old.” She is the daughter of Lorellee Loughlin and Joseph Roy Loughlin, a foreman for the New York Telephone Company. She attended Oaks School #3 Elementary School in Oceanside, NY. She would go on to graduate from Hauppauge High School, Long Island. Loughlin is of Irish descent.
As she said, “Well, I started out modeling. And my father said two things: You have to keep your grades up at school. And if I see any change in your attitude, like I’m pulling you from this. And I thank them for that. And then I started doing commercials. and how I started my career was on daytime television, a soap opera called The Edge of Night. A film called Secret Admirer, a film called Rad… projects for PBS, some TV movies. And then when I was about 23, I got Full House. And I remember going to my agent and saying, you’ve got to get me a job because I’m like, I just paid my rent and I’m very low on cash. And he said, well, there’s six episodes of this show called Full House. Will that get you by? And I went and auditioned and then I was brought back for the producers and I auditioned with John Stamos. And they signed me for six episodes. And I ended up staying for seven years.” Exactly that’s how it all started.
She was married to a investment banker Michael R. Burns for 7 years (from 1989 to 1996). After the filed for divorce and separated, on Thanksgiving of 1997, Loughlin eloped with fashion designer Mossimo Giannulli, the creator of the Mossimo clothing line, whom she had met before in 1995. They have two daughters together, they are as Isabella Rose, and Olivia Jade. Olivia has got a very popular YouTube channel of beauty tips. Loughlin also is a stepmother to Gianni, Giannulli’s son from a previous relationship.
In a snapshot:
- 1964 -Born in Queens, New York
- 1971- Appeared in TV screen in “Family Affair”
- 1982- Won Best Young Actress for The Edge Night.
- 1983- First movie released “Amityville 3-D”
- 1989- Married for first time with Michael R. Burns
- 1997- Married for second time with Mossimo Giannulli
- 1998- Her first daughter Isabella Rose born
- 1999- Her second daughter Olivia Jade born
After becoming interested in acting as a young child, Loughlin began her career at very early age 11 as a print model. She remembered like this:
“My mom had a friend that was going into Manhattan to meet with an agency for modeling. She was taking her teenage daughters in and she asked my mom if I wanted to go along. My mom reluctantly let me go, but I don’t think she ever thought anything would come of it. And I went in and they handed me a contract and said, “We’ll take you.”
At the age of 15, she was cast in the ABC soap opera The Edge of Night, playing the part of Jody Travis, who acted as an aspiring dancer and appeared in the series from 1980 to 1983. From 1983 to 1988, Loughlin appeared in a number of feature films and television guest spots and the count started from there with all her successful works.
From 1988, Loughlin was cast as Rebecca Donaldson, Danny Tanner’s (Bob Saget) co-host and later Jesse Katsopolis’ (John Stamos) wife in the ABC sitcom Full House (is an American television sitcom created by Jeff Franklin for ABC. The show chronicles the events of a widowed father, Danny Tanner, who enlists his brother-in-law Jesse Katsopolis and best friend Joey Gladstone to help raising his three daughters together, oldest D.J., middle child Stephanie and youngest Michelle in his San Francisco home. The series aired from September 22, 1987, to May 23, 1995, broadcasting eight seasons and 192 episodes). Initially set for a six-episode arc, she became a regular for the remainder of the series run all the way upto 8. Within months after Full House ended, Loughlin co-starred with Tony Danza in the ABC sitcom Hudson Street (1995–96). The series was canceled after one season because of some unconditional facts.
Loughlin made a brief appearance as Rebecca Donaldson, alongside with John Stamos, who is a actor, producer, singer and Musician, as Jesse Katsopolis, on a July 2013 episode of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, following a reunion performance by Jesse and The Rippers.
Her Film appearances:
- 1983- Amityville 3-D as Susan
- 1985- The New Kids as Abby
- 1985 Secret Admirer as Toni
- 1986- Rad as Christian Hollings
- 1987- Back to the Beach as Sandi
- 1988- The Night Before as Tara Mitchell
- 1997- Casper: A Spirited Beginning as Sheila
- 2000- Critical Mass as Janine
- 2001- Suckers as Donna Deluca
- 2006- Farce of the Penguins as Melvin
- 2007- Moondance Alexander as Gelsey Alexander
- 2009- Old Dogs as Amanda
- 2013- Crawlspace as Susan Gates
Her Television appearances:
- 1971- Family Affair as Mary Ann
- 1980-83- The Edge of Night as Jody Travis
- 1982- Matt Houston as Sue Landa
- 1983- The Tom Swift and Linda Craig Mystery Hour as Linda Craig
- 1985- North Beach and Rawhide as Candy Cassidy
- 1986- Brotherhood of Justice as Christie
- 1986-87- The Equalizer as Jenny Morrow
- 1986- CBS Schoolbreak Special as Kelly / Sally
- 1987- A Place to Call Home as Jenny Gavin
- 1988- CBS Summer Playhouse as Tammy
- 1988- Great Performances as Kay Cork
- 1988-95- Full House as Rebecca Donaldson Katsopolis
- 1992- Doing Time on Maple Drive as Allison
- 1993- Empty Cradle as Jane Morgan
- 1993- A Stranger in the Mirror as Jill Castle
- 1994- One of Her Own as Toni Stroud
- 1995- Abandoned and Deceived as Gerri Jensen
- 1995-96- Hudson Street as Melanie Clifford
- 1997- In the Line of Duty: Blaze of Glory as Jill Erickson
- 1997- Tell Me No Secrets as Jess Koster
- 1997- The Larry Sanders Show as Lori Loughlin
- 1997- Suddenly Susan as Paula
- 1997- The Price of Heaven as Leslie
- 1997- Seinfeld as Patty
- 1997- Medusa’s Child as Dr. Linda McCoy
- 2001- Cursed as Natalie Keith
- 2001- Spin City as Michelle
- 2002- Birds of Prey as Caroline Lance / Black Canary
- 2002- The Drew Carey Show as Robin
- 2002- Eastwick as Sukie Ridgemont
- 2004- Justice League Unlimited as Dr. Tracy Simmons (voice)
- 2004-05- Summerland as Ava Gregory
- 2005- Missing as Dr. Joy Gribben
- 2006- Jake in Progress as Lindsay
- 2006- Ghost Whisperer as Christine Greene
- 2007- In Case of Emergency as Dr. Joanna Lupone
- 2008-12- 90210 as Debbie Wilson
- 2010- Meet My Mom as Dana Marshall
- 2013- A Mother’s Rage as Rebecca Mayer
- 2013- Psych as Dr. Joan Diamond
- 2013- Major Crimes as Rebecca Slater
- 2013- Addicts Anonymous as Mrs. Goldberg
- 2013- Garage Sale Mystery as Jennifer Shannon
- 2014- The Neighbors as Tina Giannulli
- 2014- When Calls the Heart as Abigail Stanton
- 2015- Northpole: Open for Christmas as Mackenzie Warren
- 2016- Blue Bloods as Grace Edwards
- 2016- Every Christmas Has a Story as Kate Harper
- 2016-Present- Fuller House as Rebecca Katsopolis
Trivia about Lori Loughlin
- Had lead role was as Emmeline in The Blue Lagoon (1980), but turned it down for some reason. After her, Brooke Shields took the lead.
- Gave birth to her first daughter at age 34, Isabella Rose Giannulli, born on September 16, 1998. Child’s father is her second husband.
- Gave birth to her second daughter at age 35, Olivia Jade Giannulli, born on September 28, 1999. Child’s father is her second husband, Mossimo Giannulli.
- Her husband, Mossimo Giannulli, is the creator of the popular “Mossimo” clothing line and he got a selling line at target.
- Grew up in Hauppauge, Long Island but born in Queens, Long Island.
- Became a print model at the age of 11 to start her career as an actress.
- Like others on the show, remains close with her Full House (1987) cast mates, appearing in cameo roles in Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen‘s movies.
- Was originally only contracted for six episodes of Full House (1987) but after positive audience reaction on her solid and gorgeous appeal in her act, she was given a full-time role. The initial storyline for her was to be just Danny’s co-host and go on one date with him, realizing they would never work out in a dating relationship and have their relationship remain just professional. However, when she became a full-time character, they created a storyline where she would fall in love with Jesse and eventually marry him after while.
- She is of Irish Descent.
- Very happily married and raising her children with second husband.
- Inducted into the Hair Fan’s Hall of Fame in 2008.
Awards and Nominations
- 1982- Won Young Artist Awards for Best Young Actress in a Day Time Series, The Edge of Night.
- 1987- Won Young Artist Awards for Michael Landon awards, CBS Schoolbreak Special.
- 1989- Nominated for Daytime Emmy Awards for Outstanding Performer in a Children’s Special, CBS Schoolbreak Special
- 2006- Won PRISM Awards for Best Performance in a Drama Series Storyline, Summerland.
- 2009- Teen Choice Awards for Choice TV Parental Unit, 90210
She got a perfect family with her daughters
Aunt Becky might have identical twin boys in Full House, but in real life, Lori Loughlin has two girls who look identical to her but they were born in 1998 and 1999. The Fuller House actress, often brings her daughters along to red carpet events, and this year’s Teen Choice Awards was no exception.
No one could help but notice how much Isabella Rose and Olivia Jade resemble their gorgeous mom.
Talk about a full and perfect house! And if you’re wondering: Yes, they do sometimes watch their mom’s shows as a family (with 2 daughters and a husband). But, the girls explain in a Q&A on Olivia’s popular YouTube channel, where she also posts makeup tutorials, “It’s not like a thing where we’re like: Ok. Sunday night. Everybody sit down. Full House. Let’s get popcorn and let’s watch our mom make out with John Stamos. Like no. No.”
In turn, Isabella and Olivia sometimes accompany their mother to the set. When Loughlin, who’s also a producer, has to work late, Giannulli, “can be home in time for dinner with the kids,” she says. (A nanny also helps out.) “Lori sings and reads to the girls every night,” says her spouse. “She’s very nurturing, but she rules with an iron fist.” She yields to her daughters, though, when they ask to watch Full House reruns with her. Keeping in touch with all her old House mates, she says, “I’m probably closest to John [Stamos] and Dave [Coulier]. We built lifelong friendships.”
Read More Celebrities bio:
If you want to know about celebrities bio and their updates? you can visit Celebrityping. Here you will get all celebrities information, Alan Tudyk, Ashley Johnson, Bernie Mac, Calista Flockhart, Christina Hendricks, Dafne Keen, Emily Wickersham, Eva Ekeblad, Freddie Prinze Jr, Jessica Barden, Jessica Henwick, Joan Cusack, Josh Hartnett, Juan Gabriel, Kaitlyn Dever, Kathryn Hahn, Katie McGrath, Ksenia Solo, Laura Haddock, Lauren German, Lea Thompson, Loni Anderson, Lori Loughlin, Lucas Till, Maika Monroe, Maitland Ward, Markie Post, Matthew Gray Gubler, Olga Kurylenko, Phoebe Cates, Phoebe Snetsinger, Rebecca Romijn, Rene Russo, Robin Williams, Theo James, etc.