Who is Lucas Till?
Lucas Daniel Till was born August 10, 1990, is an American actor. He began his acting career in the early 2000s and has appeared in a number of film and television productions including different roles on House, Stoker, Dance of the Dead, Hannah Montana: The Movie, and Monster Trucks. He is very well known for his role as Havok in the X-Men series starting with 2011 X-Men: First Class and plays Angus MacGyver in the television reboot of MacGyver, which premiered in September 2016.
He was born in Fort Hood, Texas, to Dana Lyn (Brady) and John Mark Till, a lieutenant colonel in the army. He actually spent most of his childhood time growing up in the suburbs of Atlanta, Georgia. At a very young age, Lucas’ family quickly noticed that he had an affinity for impersonating voices and characters. When he was 11 years old, his mother enrolled him in local acting classes, and it wasn’t long before he was discovered by Atlanta agent, Joy Pervis. Lucas began booking almost immediately in print, local, regional, and national commercials with almost main role. Soon after, he was cast in his first movie role as Harry Vanderbilt in The Adventures of Ociee Nash, starring Keith Carradine and Mare Winningham. He was a natural for film roles and continued his success by landing his first co-starring role in Lightning Bug with Laura Prepon and Brett Harrison.
Personal Life of Lucas Till:
Lucas Daniel Till was born August 10, 1990, in Fort Hood, Texas, the son of Dana Lyn (née Brady) and John Mark Till, Till’s mother is a chemist by profession. He attended Kell High School. After filming for The Hannah Montana Movie (is a 2009 American teen comedy-drama film based on the Disney Channel television series of the same name. The second theatrical film based on a Disney Channel Original Series, after The Lizzie McGuire Movie in the year 2003, it was directed by Peter Chelsom and written by Daniel Berendsen. The film stars series regulars Miley Cyrus, Billy Ray Cyrus, Emily Osment, Jason Earles, Mitchel Musso, and Moisés Arias, as well as Lucas Till, Vanessa Williams, Margo Martindale, and Melora Hardin) in Savannah, Till went back home to graduate with the Kell High School class of 2008 and after graduation, he moved to Los Angeles, California, to continue and make more skills on acting.
Lucas made his very first trip to LA when he was only 13 year old. Returning to Atlanta, he booked the sought after role of Jack Cash, older brother of Johnny Cash, in the award winning biopic, Walk the Line, directed by James Mangold, produced by Cathy Konrad, starring Reese Witherspoon and Joaquin Phoenix.
In a snapshot of Lucas Till:
- 1990- Born in Texas, USA
- 2003- Released his first short film The Lovesong of Edwerd J. Robble
- 2006- His debut TV appearance happened with Not Like Everyone Else
- 2008- Attended High School class to graduate
- 2009- His music video released You Belong With Me with Taylor Swift
- 2011- Acted in one of his hit movie X-Men: First Class
About him with 6 facts
His movie roles were like enough natural
Till’s most well-known role was playing as Alex Summers (a.k.a. Havok) in the X-Men films, beginning with First Class. He reprised his role for X-Men: Apocalypse, appearing alongside his on-screen brother, Tye Sheridan’s Scott Summers (a.k.a. Cyclops).
He also appeared alongside celebrated actors Joaquin Phoenix (in Walk the Line), Nicole Kidman (in Stoker), and Jackie Chan (in The Spy Next Door) in various important and difficult roles but he played all of them in an excellent way.
Hannah Montana Is one of a brilliant
Till was the love of Miley Cyrus’ life, in the sense that he played a hunky Southern gentleman vying for her affection in Hannah Montana: The Movie. Looking back on his “Boom Boom Clap” dance scene with MTV News, he said, “I can do the whole thing, but it’s always in about three pieces, four pieces. I like get in, I get really into it, then I’ll be like, ‘Nope, no, that’s not it.’ Just like anyone. But yeah, I’ve embraced it.”
Till even admitted to Atlanta’s Star 94 FM in 2009 that he dated Cyrus during production, which he says made the film “more real.”
3. Taylor Swift Music Video
In the year of 2009, Taylor Swift released her music video for “You Belong to Me” and made Till as her new eye candy. The actor admitted to MTV at the time that he had a bit of a crush on her, while revealing his most embarrassing moment from filming the video to Tiger Beat.
“There’s one point where I’m supposed to catch the ball, right?” he said, adding that he missed the ball during the first take and fell flat on his face. “About five times later I actually catch the ball…again, fall on my face in front of all these people.”
Some Ad Work from Lucas Till
Before his first film role, which came at the age of 12 with 2003’s The Adventures of Ociee Nash, Till was featured in a string of commercials. Also In an ad for Nike’s anti-gravity shoes, Till flies through a city in a race with a jogger.
5. New Face of Monster Trucks
A movie based on Hasbro’s Monster Trucks toy line debuted in theaters with Till in the front and center. The story centers on Tripp, a boy who discovers a friendly monster that merges with his truck to create, a monster truck.
According to Collider, Till told press on the set of the film, “Not that I’ve told anybody about this movie, but if you were to tell someone about it – when you say Monster Trucks they don’t think monsters inside of trucks, so it’s funny to get the reaction of people like, ‘Oh, literally monster trucks.’” So the audiences believed after watching the movie.
6. Future Plan as to go Behind the Camera
Like many famous and talented actors before him, including Chris Evans and Ryan Gosling, Till has aspirations to direct and/or write films that will gross money. Speaking with the blog Icon vs. Icon, he said that, “I have some things going on. I am afraid to put that out there in the ether. I didn’t want people knowing that yet and have been keeping that close to my chest but, yes, to answer your question”.
Lucas Till Career
Early in his life, Till’s parents became aware of his ability to imitate voices and characters. Joy Pervis discovered as him, while he was attending a local acting class that his mother had enrolled him in. When he was at the age of 10, he started doing commercials as well as appearing in print also. At the age of 12, he was cast in The Adventures of Ociee Nash in which he played Harry Vanderbilt, the bully of the main character. In 2004, Till played the role of Jay in the feature film Lightning Bug which filmed in Fairview, Alabama. His first major movie role was Jack Cash, the older brother of Johnny Cash, who died in a sawmill accident, in the biographical movie Walk the Line (is a 2005 American biographical drama film directed by James Mangold. The screenplay, written by Mangold and Gill Dennis, is based on two autobiographies authored by singer-songwriter Johnny Cash—Man in Black: His Own Story in His Own Words and Cash: The Autobiography. The film follows Cash’s early life, his romance with June Carter, and his ascent to the country music scene. It stars Joaquin Phoenix as Cash, Reese Witherspoon as Carter, Ginnifer Goodwin as Vivian Liberto, and Robert Patrick as Cash’s father). After Walk the Line, he was featured in a number of independent movies and films for Lifetime Television. In 2008, Till auditioned for Hannah Montana: The Movie starring Miley Cyrus and he landed the role of Travis Brody. In an interview, Till said that prior to filming he had actually never ridden a horse before. Till further stated that he does not have any current plans for another Disney movie. He worked alongside action film actor Jackie Chan in the movie The Spy Next Door, in which Till plays the role of a Russian spy. He also starred in Taylor Swift‘s music video “You Belong with Me“. He was in an episode of House and on Leo Little’s Big Show along with Emily Osment.
In 2008, Till starred as Jensen in Gregg Bishop‘s horror-comedy Dance of the Dead which was hand-picked by director Sam Raimi for distribution through Lions Gate Entertainment and Ghost House Pictures.
Till played Havok (is a fictional superhero appearing in American comic books published by Marvel Comics, commonly in association with the X-Men. He first appears in Uncanny X-Men No. 54 (March 1969), and was created by writer Arnold Drake and penciler Don Heck. Havok generates powerful “plasma blasts”, an ability he has had difficulty controlling. One of the sons of Corsair, he is the younger brother of the X-Men’s Cyclops and the older brother of Vulcan. He often resents Cyclops’ authoritarian attitude and reputation as a model member of the X-Men) in the X-Men spin-off X-Men: First Class (2011), directed by Matthew Vaughn. He later starred in the independent movie All Superheroes Must Die (2013), and later returned as Havok in the X-Men sequels Days of Future Past (is a 2014 superhero film based on the fictional X-Men characters that appear in Marvel Comics. Directed by Bryan Singer, it is the seventh installment of the X-Men film series and acts as a sequel to both 2006’s X-Men: The Last Stand and 2011’s X-Men: First Class. The story, inspired by the 1981 Uncanny X-Men storyline “Days of Future Past” by Chris Claremont and John Byrne, focuses on two time periods, with Wolverine traveling back in time to 1973 to change history and prevent an event that results in doom for both humans and mutants) and Apocalypse (2016).
In 2016, he began starring as Angus MacGyver in the television reboot MacGyver, and played the lead role, Tripp, in the live-action/CGI film Monster Trucks, directed by Blue Sky Studios founder Chris Wedge.
With high school quickly approaching, Lucas made the decision to stay in Atlanta to attend and experience public high school. He continued acting and was cast in movies for Lifetime Television and several independent features including Dance of the Dead (2008), which was directed by Gregg Bishop and hand-picked by director Sam Raimi for distribution through Lionsgate and Ghost House Pictures.
Three weeks before graduating high school with honors, Lucas auditioned for Disney’s Hannah Montana: The Movie and was cast in the lead role of Travis Brody. After only one week on the set, Lucas flew back to Atlanta to graduate with his high school class of 2008. Lucas now resides in Los Angeles pursuing his career.
Film Appearances of Lucas Till:
- 2003 – The Lovesong of Edwerd J. Robble as Michael
- 2003- The Adventures of Ociee Nash as Harry
- 2004- Pee Shy as Chad
- 2004- Lightning Bug as Jay Graves
- 2005- Walk the Line as Jack Cash
- 2006- The Other Side as Young Samuel
- 2008- Dance of the Dead as Jensen
- 2009- Laid to Rest as Young Store Clerk
- 2009- Hannah Montana: The Movie as Travis
- 2009- The Lost & Found Family as Justin
- 2010- The Spy Next Door as Larry
- 2011- Battle: Los Angeles as Scott Grayston
- 2011- X-Men: First Class as Havok
- 2011- All Superheroes Must Die as Ben
- 2012- Someone Like You
- 2012- Dark Hearts as Sam
- 2013- Stoker as Chris Pitts
- 2013- Crush as Scott Norris
- 2013- Wet and Reckless as Toby ‘Dollars’
- 2013- Paranoia as Kevin
- 2014- Wolves as Cayden Richards
- 2014- Kristy as Aaron
- 2014- Sins of our Youth as Tyler
- 2014- X-Men: Days of Future Past as Havok
- 2015- Bvavetown as Josh Harvest
- 2015- The Curse of Downers Grove as Bobbie
- 2016- X-Men: Apocalypse as Havok
- 2016- The Disappointments Room as Ben
- 2017- Monster Trucks as Tripp
His TV Appearances:
- 2006 – Not Like Everyone Else as Kyle Kenny
- 2008- House as Simon for the episode Joy to the World
- 2009- Medium as Adam Mankowitz for the episode Things to Do in Phoenix When You’re Dead
- 2009- Fear Clinic as Brett for the episode Scotophobia and Hydrophobia
- 2010- Blue Mountain State as Golden Arm for the episode The Legend of the Golden Arm
- 2013- Coffee Break as by Himself
- 2016- Macgyver as Angus Macgyver as Lead Role
- 2017- Michael Jackson’s Halloween as Vincent(voice) in a TV special
His Music Video Appearances:
- 2009 – In a Taylor Swift Song as title You Belong With Me in a role Protagonist’s love interest.
Awards and Nominations of Lucas Till:
- 2009- Nominated for 11th Teen Choice Awards for Hannah Montana as Choice Movie Actor
- 2009- Nominated for 11th Teen Choice Awards for Hannah Montana as Choice Movie: Liplock
- 2011- Nominated for 13th Teen Choice Awards for X-Men: First Class as Choice Movie: Chemistry
- 2018- Nominated for 20th Teen Choice Awards for Macgyver as Choice TV Actor: Action
Trivia of Lucas Till
- Lucas is a natural blonde but has had his hair dyed brown for the films Walk the Line and Lightning Bug.
- Would love to work with Will Ferrell, Matt Damon, Al Pacino, Robert De Niro, and Brad Pitt.
- Favorite bands: Rammstein, Flogging Molly, and System of a Down.
- Favorite actors/actress: Marlon Brando, Heath Ledger, Christopher Walken, Johnny Depp, and Kate Beckinsale.
- Favorite movies: The Godfather, 300, The Dark Knight.
- Favorite activities include working out at the gym and playing video games.
- Spent 3 weeks in Germany as an exchange student and a member of the German Honor Society.
- Has one brother who is 7 years younger.
- Took Brazilian jiu jitsu in high school for 4 years.
- He has English, along with Swiss-German, German, and Scottish, ancestry. His patrilineal line, originally surnamed “Tyll”, originates with Swiss immigrants to South Carolina in the 1700s. His grandfather and great-grandfather, both named Jacob Elvin Till, were reverends.
Some of personal quotes from Lucas Till
- I am not a dancer.
- I’m a huge video gamer, sometimes a little too much. I’ll shut myself in my room just so I can play video games all day and I end up neglecting my friends.
- If you had known me in middle school, I was definitely not what someone would think of as Brad Pitt. That was not me. I was kind of a dork.