Who is Olga Kurylenko?
Olga Konstantynivna Kurylenko (born on 14 November 1979) is a very talented French actress and supermodel. She was discovered as a model in Moscow while she was only 13. She moved to Paris to only to pursue a modelling career only at the age of 16 and started her acting career in 2005. She found success as an actress for her special role as Nika Boronina in the movie adaptation of the video game Hitman (2007), and then rose to fame by playing Bond girl Camille Montes in the 22nd James Bond film, Quantum of Solace (is a 2008 British spy film, the twenty-second in the James Bond series produced by Eon Productions, directed by Marc Forster and written by Paul Haggis, Neal Purvis and Robert Wade. It is the second film to star Daniel Craig as the fictional MI6 agent James Bond. The film also stars Olga Kurylenko, Mathieu Amalric, Gemma Arterton, Jeffrey Wright, and Judi Dench. More recently Olga starred in Stephen S. Campanelli’s Momentum (2015), Terrence Malick‘s To the Wonder (2012), alongside Tom Cruise in another hit movie Oblivion (2013), with Russell Crowe in The Water Diviner (2014) and alongside Rowan Atkinson in the upcoming comedy British film Johnny English Strikes Again.
Personal Life of Olga Kurylenko:
Kurylenko was born in Berdiansk, Ukraine, then part of the Soviet Union. Her father, Konstantin, is an Ukrainian, and her mother, Marina Alyabysheva, who teaches art and is an exhibited artist, was born in Irkutsk Oblast, Russia, and is of Russian and Belarusian ancestry.
Her parents divorced when she was only three years old and she was raised by her single mother. Kurylenko rarely had contact with her father, meeting him for the first time after the split when she was eight years old, and later when she was thirteen years old. It means on her life, her father has got a very few impacts.
Olga Kurylenko acquired French citizenship in 2001. She married French fashion photographer Cedric van Mol in 2000 but as for some family problems, the couple divorced four years later. After that, she married American mobile phone accessory entrepreneur Damian Gabrielle in 2006 but that marriage ended in divorce in late 2007. After that, Kurylenko moved to London in 2009 to go for her acting career.
She was dating Magic City co-star Danny Huston (is an American actor, writer, and director. Huston got his start directing Mr. North starring Anthony Edwards, Robert Mitchum and his half-sister, Anjelica Huston. Later, Huston gave his breakthrough acting performance in the independent film Ivans Xtc and was nominated for Best Male Performance at the Independent Spirit Awards in 2003) for approximately a year. After a few years, Kurylenko had a new boyfriend, named Max Benitz. After few years, she and her partner Max Benitz have got one son, Alexander Max Horatio, born on 3 October 2015.
Kurylenko is a philanthropist noted for her work for the underprivileged, focusing on children in her native Ukraine.
She started her career with modeling and music video appearances and also eventually made her screen debut in 2005 with the film ‘L’Annulaire’. From there, she made her transition to American and Hollywood films and her big career breakthrough happened in 2008 with the Bond film ‘Quantum of Solace’ that was a super hit. Other hit movies of Olga Kurylenko are ‘The Hitman’, ‘Max Payne’, ‘Sever Psychopaths’ and ‘A Perfect Day’.
Without a proper knowledge of the English language, it was very difficult for her to survive in the beginning in the acting industry, but eventually, she turned out smartly and her film choices reflected her smart sensibilities. Over the course of her career, she did some very interesting roles and some of her best roles are considered to be in the films such as ‘To the Wonder’, ‘Centurion’, ‘Hitman’, ‘The November Man’, ‘The Water Diviner’ and ‘There be Dragons’.
She has also seen some failures with some box office and critical failures as well. But she almost always picked herself up learning from her mistakes and filled them with talent. Some of the widely considered worst Olga Kurylenko films are ‘Paris, je t’aime’ and ‘The Lovers’.
In a snapshot of Olga Kurylenko:
- 1979- Born in Ukraine, Soviet Union
- 1992- Started her modeling career at the age of 13
- 1996- he moved to Paris for her modeling career
- 2000- Married Cedric Van Mol and divorced by 2004
- 2006- Married Damian Gabrielle and divorced by 2007
- 2005- Started her acting career in the film industry
- 2005- Won Brooklyn International Film Festival for L’Annulaire as Best Actress
- 2018- Her latest movie is coming on Johnny English Strikes Again
Olga Kurylenko Career’s
Kurylenko and her talent were discovered by a female model scout while on holiday in Moscow at the age of 13. At the age of 15, she moved from Ukraine to Moscow. At the age of 16 again she moved to Paris for her modeling career. In 1996, she signed a contract with the Paris-based Madison modeling agency where she met her publicist Valérie Rosen. By the age of 18, she had appeared on the covers of famous magazines Vogue and Elle. While she was working as a full-time model in Paris, she supported her mother too who was living in Ukraine.
Later Olga Kurylenko also appeared on the covers of Madame Figaro and Marie Claire magazines. At the same time, she became the face of brands like Bebe, Clarins, and Helena Rubinstein. She has also modeled for Roberto Cavalli and Kenzo and appeared in Victoria’s Secret catalog.
One of her first acting appearances was in Seal‘s music video, “Love’s Divine” in 2003, but her film career truly and elaborately began in France, in the year 2005. She received the certificate of excellence award at the 2006 Brooklyn International Film Festival for her performance in L’Annulaire (is a French film released on 8 June 2005. It was written (based on a novel by Yōko Ogawa) and directed by Diane Bertrand), and also starred in the Paris, je t’aime segment “Quartier de la Madeleine” opposite Elijah Wood. That same year, she was selected to be the face of a French company Kenzo’s new fragrance, Kenzo Amour. She has appeared in all subsequent Kenzo Amour advertisements.
In the year 2007, she starred in Hitman (is a 2007 French-American-British action–thriller film directed by Xavier Gens and based on the video game series of the same name. The story revolves around Agent 47, a professional hitman, who was engineered to be an assassin by the group known as “The Organization”. He becomes ensnared in a political conspiracy and finds himself pursued by both Interpol and Russian intelligence) alongside Timothy Olyphant. She had a minor role in Max Payne as Natasha. She played Bond girl as Camille Montes in the year 2008 in a James Bond film, Quantum of Solace (after beating out Gal Gadot in the auditions). In the film, she plays the role of a Bolivian Secret Service agent named Camille, who teams up with James Bond to avenge the death of her parents who were killed by the villain.
She was featured on the cover page of the December 2008 issue of the US edition of Maxim magazine and on the cover of the February 2009 issue of the Ukrainian edition of Maxim. In Ukraine, the mayor of Berdyansk suggested naming a street after her in early 2008, and she and her mother met Ukraine’s First Lady Kateryna Yushchenko in President Yushchenko’s family country house for the same reason.
Awards & Nominations of Olga Kurylenko:
- 2005 – Won Brooklyn international film festival for L’Annulaire as Best Actress
- 2008 – Nominated Saturn Award for Quantum of Solace as Best Supporting Actress
- 2009 – Nominated Empire Awards for Quantum of Solace as Best Actress
- 2012 – Won Boston Society of Film Critics Award for Seven Psychopaths as Best Cast
- 2012 -Nominated San Diego Film Critics Society Award for Seven Psychopaths as Best Performance by an Ensemble
Her Film & TV Appearances:
- 2001 – Largo Winch as Carol for the Tv Series (Episode 1: “Contessa Vanessa”)
- 2005 – L’Annulaire as Irish
- 2006 – Paris, je t’aime as Vampire for the segment: Quartier de la Madeleine
- 2006 – La Porte-bonheur as Sophia for TV movie
- 2006 – The Serpent as Sofia
- 2007 – Suspectes as Eva Pires as TV miniseries for 7 Episodes
- 2007 – Hitman as Nika Boronina
- 2008 – À l’est de moi as The Russian prostitute
- 2008 – Max Payne as Natasha sax
- 2008 – Quantum of Solace as Camille Montes
- 2009 – Kirot as Galia
- 2010 – Tyranny as Mina Harud for the TV Series 5 Episodes(also writer)
- 2010 – Centurion as Etain
- 2011 – There be Dragons as IIdiko
- 2011 – Land of Oblivion as Anya
- 2012 – Erased as Anna Brandt
- 2012 – To the Wonder as Marina
- 2012 – Seven Psychopaths as Angela
- 2012 – Magic City as Vera Evans For the TV series 16 Episodes
- 2013 – Oblivion as Julia Rusakova Harper
- 2014 – Vampire Academy Ellen Kirova
- 2014 – The November man as Alice Fournier/Mira Filipova
- 2014 – Mission Control as NASA broadcasting news
- 2014 – The Water Diviner as Ayshe
- 2015 – A perfect Day as Katya
- 2015 – Momentum as alex Farraday
- 2016 – The Correspondence as Amy
- 2017 – The Death of Stalin as Maria Yudina
- 2017 – Gun Shy as Sheila
- 2018 – The Man Who Killed Don Quixote as Jacqui
- 2018 – Johnny English Strikes Again as Ophelia Post-production
- 2018 – 15 Minutes de Guerre
- 2018 – Everything you Didn’t say as Reyes Post-production
- TBA – Empires of the Deep for Post-production, filmed in 2010
Trivia of Olga Kurylenko
- She was well trained as a dancer and model while she was in Moscow.
- She was serving on the jury at the 2007 Brussels International Film Festival.
- She can speak in Russian, Spanish, Italian, English, and French fluently.
- After the audition, she originally believed she had failed to impress director and producers of Quantum of Solace (2008) after her audition.
- She was told as she got the part of Camille in Quantum of Solace (2008) on Christmas Eve 2007.
- One of her hit movie as she played role, Quantum of Solace (2008), opened worldwide on her 29th birthday (November 14).
- Has appeared in two movies with “Oblivion” in the title: Oblivion with Tom Cruise (2013) and Land of Oblivion (2011).
- She had to learn Turkish language for her role in The Water Diviner in the year 2014.
- Played with two James Bond actors in separate movies, as with Daniel Craig in Quantum of Solace (2008) and with Pierce Brosnan in The November Man (2014).
- Gave birth to her 1st child at age of 35, a son named Alexander Mark Horatio Benitz on October 3, 2015. Child’s father is her boyfriend, Max Benitz.
- Olga was shooting in Chile the thriller-comedy “Salty” with Antonio Banderas in September 2016. This is the second time in that country for Olga, because she performed a Bond girl in “Quantum of Solace”, filmed with Daniel Craig in the north of Chile.
- She had Audition for the role of Wonder Woman in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016) but lost to Gal Gadot.
Personal quotes from Olga Kurylenko
- If you do these big blockbusters, suddenly people know who you are. That’s how it works. It’s the industry. You have to do that. That’s what people watch.
- A lot of movies are made to make us dream.
- Every one of us, no matter how damaged or abnormal or shut down, we’re all looking for love. Every person needs love in this world, but our views on what love is vary enormously.
- When I was a kid, we never had a video game in my house. But my cousin did, and each time I went to her house I was able to play “Tetris” and “Mario” Those were the only two games I played as a child.
- I don’t see divorce as a failure. I see it as the end to a story. In a story, everything has an end and a beginning.
- I hate jealousy, I hate possessiveness. I’m nobody’s possession.
- I maybe missed money in my childhood, but I didn’t miss love, that’s for sure. My dad wasn’t there, but I can tell you not even once did I think I was missing something.
- I always listen to all kinds of different music from different years. I listen to the contemporary, but once in a while into ’80s, you know, just for fun, and sometimes classical, too. So I have this big mix on my iPod . . . Amy Winehouse, Gwen Stefani, Outkast, Jay Z. I listen to trance, pop, everything. It really depends on my mood.
- Hollywood always represents this big dream and fairy tale in people’s minds, but to me, it’s just hard work. Of course, we play fairy tale on the red carpet. It’s all Cinderella. But when the clock strikes midnight, I turn into a gray mouse and I go home, and I take my dress off and it’s over. That’s Hollywood.
- A Bond girl must be a strong and independent woman, but at the same time charming and sensual. Those opposite qualities combined together make her interesting. She must be strong but at the same time feminine.
- To tell you the truth, I don’t really follow what men wear. Men’s fashion is much simpler than women’s. It doesn’t change as much.
- I bring spiritual books with me while travelling. I like books about thoughts and how you see the world.
- Having people, I love around me–friends and family–is great, but I don’t necessarily need a relationship.
- Being single is only sad if you have a problem with your own company. I’m content with mine.
- As an actor, you don’t want to play a one-dimensional character.
- If a man can make me laugh and stimulate me intellectually, then I wouldn’t mind if he was 4 ft. 8 in. with a huge belly. The only thing that would put me off is bad breath–but even that can be fixed. A bad personality isn’t so easy to fix.
- I like men who paint or write or do something creative.
- I just went to an acting agency one day and said, “I would like to act. Would you take me?”. And they took me.
- I did not have a father. It was my mom who chose to be alone. She felt that she would be better off by herself with me after I was born.
- I’ve seen guys sit the whole day doing nothing, and I hate it when people are unproductive. I don’t like a guy who sits on the couch all day.
- I’m a bit of a romantic. In theory!
- I’d love to work with David Lynch. I’m such a big fan. He’s a genius.
- I love boats. I can be on a boat for days.
- We were born and we die. In between, I think we try to live as best we can.
- To be a Bond girl you need courage, charm, determination and feistiness.
- Music evokes so many feelings in us, memories, nostalgia, things that are connected to our past.
- In Paris, everybody is in black! But you know, in Ukraine everyone wears bright colors.
- If I hadn’t been a model, I couldn’t have become a movie actress.
- With modeling, you go somewhere for 24 hours and you don’t even see the city, you don’t talk to people or see the culture.
- Why marry? If you’re not married, you just leave each other and it’s cool. Who needs the paper? To me it means nothing.
- When you’re never home and traveling, you don’t play video games.
- When you love someone, you should see beyond their image.
- When you live in a small town in the Ukraine, you definitely want to go to Paris.
- Every actor has to move in a Terrence Malick film–that’s the requirement. If you stop, he’ll tell you, “No, no, keep moving”. You can’t be static. It’s a choreography.
- Eventually there are going to be chips in brains. Imagine if you could just buy knowledge and download it into your head instead of having to learn it. Like in The Matrix (1999). Imagine all the years saved!
- You know it’s harder to be a girl in this world because we’re the weaker sex.
- You don’t dream about things that are impossible; that are out of your range.
- With modeling, you provide an image that is fake; with acting you have to provide an image that’s real.
- On a Terrence Malick set, your thoughts are his voice. You think you’re thinking, but actually he’s thinking for you. He speaks to you, and he’s the voice in your mind.
- I’ve always had a way with a gun. As a kid, I loved to fire them at the shooting range in amusement parks. I’d always return home with a handful of prizes.
- I think I’ll be single my whole life. It’s entirely possible I’m going to end up alone. Because I don’t want to make any sacrifices for my own development and achieving what I want to achieve, and I don’t want a family to get in the way of that.
- I know how addictive video games are–I have friends who can’t get up off the couch because they’re so hooked. They provide these different virtual worlds that you can live in.
- I believe in miracles. At the age of 13, I was on holiday in Moscow with my mother. It was the only trip I took in my whole childhood. We stepped off a metro train and were approached by a talent scout who told me that she wanted to sign me to her modeling agency.
- I looked for acting classes in Paris just to do something different than modeling. And then one day I just thought, “Okay, that’s enough, I have to start doing something”. I went to the acting agency and I just told them I wanted to act and asked them if they would give me a chance, and they did.
- I just love France, I love French people, I love the French language, I love French food. I love their mentality. I just feel like it’s me. I’m very French.
- I grew up in the Ukraine and then I went to Paris in 1996. I went there because there was a modeling agency that invited me there to work, so I thought, “Sure”.
- I don’t like the mentality that comes with rich Russian men. Because they have money, they think they can buy a woman – and they do. They can’t just meet a woman and fall in love. And it’s women’s fault because they allow it.
- All I want to do is a rom-com, but you know, people see me as an action person because the first movie that was seen by a lot of the public would be Hitman (2007).
- What I love about sci-fi is that every generation’s films are based on what we know at that point in time. We make movies about the future but it’s always based on what we have. Then as science grows and we discover new things, so do our ideas. You know?
- My life is not that glamorous. I actually live a pretty simple life, really. I just work. I don’t have time to do all these glamorous things. I just do my thing, just work.
- I’ve loved men that wear un-ironed clothes, it doesn’t make me fall out of love. When you love someone, you should see beyond their image. It just makes me want to iron their shirt. But once you love a person, they could wear a garbage bag!
- [on testing for the Wonder Woman role which went to Gal Gadot Everybody was saying that there was a possibility and it did cross my mind. But it’s fine, there are many other roles and I’m very happy for the girl that got the part. I’m looking forward to seeing it.
- I love it when a man cooks; it’s one of those points that makes me adore a guy. I think it’s so romantic and I feel cared for when a man cooks. As long as it’s good. I wouldn’t let a man cook cabbage, though, because I’m pretty sure men can’t cook cabbage.
- I love fire. As a child I loved setting light to things. I’d always be in the forest putting matches to pieces of wood. I’ve always regarded fire as my friend.
- When I earned my first money, I went to a shop and bought jeans and a top. But then I wore them both for such a long time that finally my model agency said, “You should buy something else!”. I was saving the money because it was the first time I’d ever had any.
Read More Celebrities bio:
If you want to know about celebrities bio and their updates? you can visit Celebrityping. Here you will get all celebrities information, Alan Tudyk, Ashley Johnson, Bernie Mac, Calista Flockhart, Christina Hendricks, Dafne Keen, Emily Wickersham, Eva Ekeblad, Freddie Prinze Jr, Jessica Barden, Jessica Henwick, Joan Cusack, Josh Hartnett, Juan Gabriel, Kaitlyn Dever, Kathryn Hahn, Katie McGrath, Ksenia Solo, Laura Haddock, Lauren German, Lea Thompson, Loni Anderson, Lori Loughlin, Lucas Till, Maika Monroe, Maitland Ward, Markie Post, Matthew Gray Gubler, Olga Kurylenko, Phoebe Cates, Phoebe Snetsinger, Rebecca Romijn, Rene Russo, Robin Williams, Theo James, etc.