Who is Theo James?
Theo James was born on December 16, 1984 in Oxford, Oxfordshire, England, United Kingdom to Jane (née Martin) and Philip Taptiklis. He is the youngest of five children, having two older brothers and two older sisters. He is of one quarter Greek descent, with the rest of his ancestry being English and Scottish.
He graduated high school from Aylesbury Grammar School and earned a degree in Philosophy from the University of Nottingham. He then trained at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
He started making guest-star appearances on television shows and had minor roles in films before. He then starred as Detective Walter Clark in the crime-drama television series Golden Boy (2013).
He rose to fame with some of his breakthrough role as Tobias “Four” Eaton in the film series Divergent (2014), Insurgent (2015) and Allegiant (2016) which all are based on the novels. Although he played Jed Harper in the supernatural television series Bedlam (2011), Detective Walter William Clark, Jr. in the crime-drama series Golden Boy (2013), and David in the films Underworld: Awakening (2012) and Underworld: Blood Wars (2016). Underworld: Blood Wars is a 2016 American action horror film directed by Anna Foerster (in her first feature film as director). It was the fifth installment in the Underworld franchise and the sequel to Underworld: Awakening (2012).
He grew up in High Wycombe, Buckinghamshire. He is the son of Jane (née Martin), who worked for the National Health Service, and Philip Taptiklis, a business consultant. James has two older brothers and two older sisters. His paternal grandfather was Greek (he moved from the Peloponnese to New Zealand). His other ancestry is English and Scottish.
James has been in a relationship with Irish actress Ruth Kearney (She stars as the female lead London in the Netflix original comedy series Flaked alongside Will Arnett. Kearney portrays an attractive newcomer to Venice who gets caught in a love triangle with the characters portrayed by Will Arnett and David Sullivan. The role is Kearney’s first major comedy television series). since around 2009. James met Kearney while they were students and learning acting at the Bristol Old Vic Theatre School.
Still he does not have any social media accounts by himself, but some fanmade fan pages were found.
In a snapshot:
- 1984 -Born in Oxford, England
- 2009- Started relationship with Ruth Kearney
- 2009- Screen International named him as Star of Tomorrow
- 2010- Started career on acting on A Passionate Woman
- 2010- His first film released
- 2016- Traveled Greece with UNHCR to visit Syrian Refugees
James made his television debut by acting in A Passionate Woman, starring opposite Billie Piper. He played Turkish diplomat Kemal Pamuk in an episode of the first season of Downton Abbey. James starred in Bedlam, playing the lead role of Jed Harper. He appeared in the 2012 adaptation of John Braine‘s Room at the Top (Room at the Top is a novel by John Braine, first published in the United Kingdom by Eyre & Spottiswoode in 1957, about the rise of an ambitious young man of humble origin, and the socio-economic struggles undergone in realising his social ambitions in post-war Britain history) as Jack Wales.
His film credits include You Will Meet a Tall Dark Stranger and The Domino Effect in his earlier career. James was cast in Stranger while still in his final year at drama school while still he was a student. He played as James, an obnoxious night club rep, in The Inbetweeners Movie. In 2011, James was chosen to play the character of David in the fourth installment of Underworld: Awakening, released in 2012. In 2012 he appeared in ITV‘s Case Sensitive starring Olivia Williams and Darren Boyd. He was named a “Star of Tomorrow” in 2009 by Screen International for his outstanding stylish life and hard work.
He returned in one more Divergent film, The Divergent Series: Allegiant (2016). He reprised his character David in the fifth Underworld film while he acted as the film’s male lead.
- 2010- You will meet a Tall Dark Stranger as Ray
- 2011- The Inbetweeners Movie as James
- 2012- Underworld: Awakening as David
- 2014- Divergent
- 2015- The Divergent Series
- 2015- The Benefactor as Luke
- 2016- War on Everyone as Lord
- 2016- The Divergent Series: Allegiant as Tobias
- 2016- Underworld: Blood Wars as David
- 2016- The Secret Scripture as Father Gaunt
- 2018- Backstabbing for Beginners as Michael
- 2018- Zoe as Ash
- 2018- How it Ends as Will
- 2018- London Field as Guy Clinch
- 2010- A Passionate Woman as Alex
- 2010- Downton Abbey as Kemal
- 2011- Bedlam as Jed Harper
- 2012- Case Sensitive as Aidan Harper
- 2012- Room at the top as Jack Wales
- 2013- Golden Boy as Walter
- 2017- Sex with Strangers as Ethan in the Hampstead Theatre
Without his acting career, James was also the singer and guitarist of the London-based band Shere Khan. On 21 November 2012, the band announced on their Facebook page that they were no longer actively playing as a band and that members would be pursuing other musical endeavours. So like the other band members, he also had to take the decision to leave.
Unknown stuff about Theo James
- He was working as a Bartender, lifeguard and working for the National Health Service
- He was the lead singer of multiple bands.
- He enjoys to play boxing, basketball, rugby and deep sea scuba diving.
- He had in a relationship with an Irish actress.
- He can play guitar, harmonica, saxophone and piano also.
Some of his Quotes
I know I often get a job because of how I look. I hope that I keep the job because of how I act.
I was in the school plays, I did a lot of music. I carried on through university for short films and loads of plays.
In Britain, you do your job. When you do an American TV show, there is a sense of being one with the crew, and there is a leadership element, which was a learning curve for me because it is very different culturally. In Britain, you just do it, leave and say, ‘Thanks.’
I’ve got two brothers and two sisters, so there’s five of us and we’re all very close, which is cool.
I don’t think I believe in ghosts, per se. But, my nearest experience was when I went on a weekend away and was in a bar in England, years ago, with an ex-girlfriend. I heard this scratching. I was about to go to bed and I was thinking, ‘It’s an old ghost.’ I could hear this noise, but I couldn’t work out where it was coming from.
I think you can tell when a New York show isn’t shot in the city. It’s so iconic and has such a specific energy.
I know there’s Brooklyn and all the boroughs, but Manhattan specifically is so condensed that the energy is very vibrant. Everywhere you look there is something happening.
What I like about the ‘Underworld’ thing is that it’s a mix of cool genres, as well as creating its own message.
New York cops are very specific in terms of the way they talk and the way they handle themselves. All these clichés that, as an Englishman, I thought were from a bygone era or were a bit of poetic license with cop shows – the more you hang out with them, the more you realize how real that jargon is.
Awards & Nominations
- 2014- For Divergent, his achievements were as follows:
- Teen Choice award for choice movie actor Won
- Teen Choice award for choice movie Breakout Star Nominated
- Young Hollywood Award for Fan Favorite Actor-Male Nominated
- Young Hollywood Award for Best On-Screen Couple Nominated
- People’s Choice Awards for Favorite Movie Duo Won
- 2015- For Divergent Series: Insurgent, his achievements were:
- Teen Choice award for choice movie Actor Nominated
- Teen Choice award for choice movie Liplock Won
- 2016- Divergent Series: Allegiant, his achievements were:
- Teen Choice award for choice movie Actor Nominated
- Teen Choice award for choice movie Chemistry Nominated
- Teen Choice award for choice movie Liplock Nominated
Lessons from his life
“What is interesting, as well, is how much power homicide detectives have and how much respect. They are kind of rock stars, especially in New York. There are not that many of them.”-James
To believe and go with this star, just send at least one comment below so we understand the value of this your personnel..
Read More Celebrities bio:
If you want to know about celebrities bio and their updates? you can visit Celebrityping. Here you will get all celebrities information, Alan Tudyk, Ashley Johnson, Bernie Mac, Calista Flockhart, Christina Hendricks, Dafne Keen, Emily Wickersham, Eva Ekeblad, Freddie Prinze Jr, Jessica Barden, Jessica Henwick, Joan Cusack, Josh Hartnett, Juan Gabriel, Kaitlyn Dever, Kathryn Hahn, Katie McGrath, Ksenia Solo, Laura Haddock, Lauren German, Lea Thompson, Loni Anderson, Lori Loughlin, Lucas Till, Maika Monroe, Maitland Ward, Markie Post, Matthew Gray Gubler, Olga Kurylenko, Phoebe Cates, Phoebe Snetsinger, Rebecca Romijn, Rene Russo, Robin Williams, Theo James, etc.